- How to find my Motorola CP200 frequencies?
- How to program a CP200 radio?
- How to reprogram a Motorola Radius cp200?
First, there is no visual way to identify the frequencies programmed into an existing CP200 without using some type of external equipment to read the radio. A CP200 can be read using the manufacturer's programming cables and software or with equipment such as a "Frequency Counter". Below are a few options when considering the reading or programming a Motorola CP200.
1. Contact an approved Motorola Dealer and let that dealer read and program your CP200 radios. This will save you the time required to learn how to use the software as well as the cost to purchase the required cables. If you purchased your CP200 from AmerizonWireless.com, we include radio programming with your new radio purchase. If you are reading this then you likely do not have your programming report and can send us a working radio. We will read your existing radio and program your new radios to match.
2. AmerizonWireless.com has developed a CP200 Remote Programming program that will allow our customers to connect a radio over the internet to our programming server. Our trained technician can then read and program your radios without the need to ship equipment. This reduces the downtime typically seen when sending in a radio or taking the radio to a local Motorola Dealer.
3. You can purchase the required Motorola Software and Cables to connect your CP200 radio to a computer. This will require a basic understanding of two way radio frequencies to program a radio correctly. We have listed the instructions for how to get setup with a Motorola Solutions service account given a link to a programming kit and the part numbers you will need to purchase.
Analog CP200 and CP200XLS Programming Kit
- RVN4191 - CP200 Software (Purchase directly from Motorola Solutions at: 1-800-927-2744)
- AMZCPPROGKIT - This kit includes all of the hardware needed to program a CP200 radio. (Sold Online)
- AAPMKN4004A - Remote Interface Box to Radio Cable
- RLN4008E - Remote Interface Box
- 3080369B72 - PC to RIB (Remote Interface Box) Box
- 01009422001 - AC Power Supply for RIB Box
The New Digitial Motorola CP200d requires:
- The latest MotoTrbo Programming software V9.0 or better
- PMKN4128A - CP200d Programming Cable
4. A Frequency Counter can be used with your radio to display the transmit frequency being used on that channel. This device listens for a TX signal and displays the frequency number on a screen. Frequency counters are good for testing purposes and will only tell you the transmit frequency of your radio. If your radio channel is setup for simplex operation (radio to radio) then you will need to know both the RX and TX frequencies. If your radio is setup to work with a repeater system then you only have half of the puzzle. Frequency Counters can range from $300 - $15,000 depending on the frequency range and feature sets. Frequency counters vary depending on the features offered and may not provide you with all of the required information such as privacy codes so we only recommend a frequency counter when you have no other options.